The Basic Life Support Instructor Manual is designed for use by AHA BLS instructors. Information found in this manual is more centered on lessons instructors can give to healthcare providers or first responders.
Unlike the BLS Provider Manual, the BLS Instructor Course Manual is for those teaching instructor-led training and blended learning options. Lessons can be taken by those who are just about to get or renew their BLS certification. The BLS Manual for instructors consists of the following:
- Updated guidelines and new science from the American Heart Association for CPR and ECC
- Six sections divided into modules discussing concepts, preparation, teaching, testing, lesson plans, and HeartCode BLS
- How BLS can be performed in in-facility or prehospital scenarios
- Topics discussing the importance of high-quality CPR, its steps, and impact on survival, which can be taught alongside BLS Course Streaming Videos
- Advanced CPR and rescue procedures such as using an AED and being part of a multi-rescuer CPR team
The BLS Instructor Manual can be used even by instructors outside of the AHA because of its in-depth content. The BLS DVD Course can also serve to supplement lessons from the BLS Instructor Manual.